3.07.2005

earlymornigramblings

can i just say that i hate russian? because i totally do. I'm so frustrated. I don't understand it at all and ... studying is futile.

On Saturday, Rotaract Club showed a movie: Osama and went to see it (of course) and this time i managed to convince at least three other people to go as well. which is super-exciting. If you are unaware of this beautiful movie, it is about a twelve year old girl living with her mother and grandmother in the taliban-ruled afganistan. It is in no way a light fluffy movie, on the contrary, it is very sad. but well worth your time. It's actually in Pashto, a language of Afganistan and sometimes I can hear russian words. I swear they used a derivitive of "bolshoi" and "priydet dush" for raining. Maybe I'll ask my russian professor, as she was there. Anyway, I highly recommend Osama.

I didn't get all of my interviews for Phi Sigma Pi done for last week, but since I did really well on my quiz, I almost made up for it, i think.

I'm slowly increasing my store of foreign music. I currently have: thai pop, chinese pop, japanese pop (hopefully more once my japanese friend sends more), Russian pop & folk (but the folk is really bad, and the pop is t.a.t.u but in russian) french from the 40's. does bob count as foreign? what about Bjork?

So, it's four am and i haven't even tried to go to sleep. what's the point, I don't think I would be able to even if I tried. Russian. must do more Russian.

I've been thinking about teaching. I've been thinking about math. I've been thinking about the peace corps. I've been thinking about teaching math in the peace corps. I've been thinking that if my parents don't want me to go to morocco for the summer, there's no way in hell they'll be pleased with the idea of going to some random place for two years. especially in somewhere where they need peace corps workers. But I also think that they're really very wrong.

I should ask Aleksander the Bulgarian for music from Bulgaria.
I should ask Alexander the German for music from Germany.
It's really hot down here.

I really like the song "down in the river to pray" by alison kraus.
I could probably listen to it ten times in a row.
I'm about 250 songs away from being finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home