1.26.2005

what a ... half week.

Monday night, I went up to my room to find a nice little comment about my (and my roommate's) political ideologies, namely "Fuck Bush" was written in our own orange marker on our message board. I can only guess that it was spurned by a comment my roommate made about the ACLU. I was kinda pissed off about it, but I couldn't do anything about it now and figured, "people are stupid" and it isn't worth my time worrying about it now. Isn't it a little ironic that liberal/democrats type-cast republicans as closeminded and intolerant?

That same night, I didn't get much sleep. On Tuesday I had some free time between classes and sat down to be an Internet Sneek Ninja. While I didn't find the info I wanted, I did (re)run across The Mathematics Genealogy Project which I found, "back in the day" when I knew I was going to become a mathematics professor. I have since stopped knowing that in order to persue other goals, and also because I learned that I really suck at math. But... but, but... I miss it. I miss feeling confident that I was doing the right thing; that I could become a math professor, not only that I could, but that I would be a good one. And then, and then... Truman happened, I suppose. And I learned the harsh truth. I'm not good at it, in fact, I have little to no skill which totally drops of any desire. And thus, my Tuesday sucked.

And today, there it was again. "Fuck Bush"

So, I suppose what I'm trying to say is, it's been a long half-week and I'm trying to learn to forgive, both an anonymus threat and my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home